Tuesday, May 3, 2011

half a man

One of the drawbacks of a high-mileage diet, besides having no social life, is my complete lack of upper body strength. I get tired just carrying my arms on a long run. I must look like a River Dancer. It's embarrassing.

I've been planning to work on this deficit but, without a plan, I haven't managed to get very far. So I was pretty excited to see Run to the Border post his intention to complete the 100 pushup challenge. Someone tells me what to do, when to do it, and when I'm done. What could be easier?

Well, the initial test wasn't so easy. I did better than I expected but not so well that I'm going to share. Let's just say I have some work to do. I don't see me accomplishing the full 100 in 6 weeks. I'll taper my pushups when I have a race approaching - I need all the help I can get to finish those thing - but I'm looking forward to eventually finishing with my arms held high.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I'll end up finishing the 100 in six weeks either. Two weeks in, I feel like I have a LONG ways to go still. Hopefully by the time Lost Soul rolls around though!

    ReplyDelete