Monday, March 28, 2011

spring is... coming

My eggs told me this was going to be a good weekend. Turns out my eggs were right - 100 km in two days makes for a very good weekend.
IMG_1351
They weren't a quick 100k. It's still very much winter here and the trails are very icy. It even snowed a bit.
IMG_1333
That ice-fast boat suggests wintery conditions will be here for awhile.
IMG_1350

The migrants have begun arriving but I can't image what they're eating. There's still a half meter of snow on the ground.
IMG_1357
This porcupine has it figure out. It wasn't so pleased that I was so close but, judging by the way it just looked at the ground, it wasn't concerned enough to jump. It soon went back to stripping the bark from the tree.
IMG_1326
Destructive buggers.
IMG_1332

No comments:

Post a Comment